Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Easiest Garden Ever!


OK, so here is our garden 1 1/2 weeks after planting it.  I buy starter plants at Buy Low in Kingsgate Mall for about $1.50 per plant.  I can't be bothered to plant them from seed since I am very impatient and an amateur gardener! My goal is easy, fast and cheap and that is exactly what I got.  Oh yeah, and DELISH!

To grow your own, find a nursery or grocery store that has a garden centre and choose the herbs you love!  I always buy basil since it is so versatile.  Others we went with this year are rosemary, dill, thyme and chives.  We also got a couple of tomato plants which seem to be thriving on our sun drenched roof top patio (they need a lot of warmth and light).  Get some planters and some potting soil and a invest in Miracle Grow...it really does work.  Of course you do not have to use this if you don't want.  I know its kind of cheating and that some people will not want the chemicals...totally understandable and it will totally still work.  I may put up a video this weekend showing people how I planted my garden in case anyone is afraid of screwing it up...its actually super easy.  Just keep your plants well hydrated (but not over watered) and out of the wind, and let them get lots of sun.  Also, do a little research about which herbs work best in your home or garden as not all growing conditions will work for all plants!  Then just sit back, relax and enjoy your beautiful garden that helps to nourish your body and soul :)


No comments:

Post a Comment