Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cleanse Challenge: Monday June 3rd...Lets Do it Together!


Lately, I've been finding that I have been getting a bit off track with my eating and exercising.  I am definitely one of those people who has a hard time resisting bread, cake, cookies, butter etc. (really, who doesn't?  You're just lying to your self if you think those things are gross :D), but I understand that I feel SO much better when I treat my body with kindness and eat food that is wholesome and nourishing, not just momentarily satisfying to my taste buds.  While I know I eat well most of the time, I can feel myself slipping, and when I start to have this feeling, I usually do something to change my direction.  Since I am a pretty competitive person (Tyc, you can elaborate!) I am easily motivated by challenges and goals.  So when I need a jump start, I usually set a date for a cleanse.  I never do juice cleanses or super restrictive fasts.  This girl loves to eat and I am NOT a fun person to be around when I am starving (again, Tyc you can elaborate!).  If you prefer those cleanses, all the power to you, but I am feisty enough as it is without being starved!

So I am setting a date.  On Monday June 3rd I will begin my 10 cleanse and I hope you'll follow me while I do it so you can see for yourself how easy it is!!  Sometimes I go and buy a cleanse kit, but this time I will be cleansing with food only.  Feel free to use a kit if you want.  The best place to buy them is at Body Energy on Davie St.  Rick Bennet is the best and carries a huge variety of cleanse kits.

I suggest you shop ahead of time if you want to be prepared for Monday morning.  Otherwise, you might end up eating something bland and become unmotivated.  I want to show you that clean eating is easy AND tastes good, you just need to experiment and find what works for you :).  I'll be putting up a shopping list in the next few days (or tonight if I finish my homework in time!) so that you can buy the things I think are really essential while cleansing.  I'll also post a short blurb about which foods we will NOT be eating on the cleanse so you can eat it now or purge your kitchen before you start.  Don't tempt yourself with things you know you can't resist!

Cleansing with other people is SO motivating.  We can share our recipes, track our progress and vent when we feel like breaking down.  I promise it is better when you do it with others!  Make the commitment to yourself and I will make the commitment to you that for 10 days we will be in it together!  I'll post as many recipes as I can and I encourage you to do the same.  Watch for the upcoming Cleanse Shopping List post as well as a What Not to Eat While You're Cleansing so you can be as prepared and excited as possible.  Making changes for the better can only lead to one thing: A Good Life.

***DISCLAIMER: I am not a health care professional and any and all information on my blog is my personal opinion and comes from my personal experience.  You should consult a doctor before embarking on any dietary changes.  Please participate at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment