Monday, June 3, 2013

Slow Cooker Oatmeal


After trying this recipe last night I am making a few adjustments.  First of all, my slow cooker is very hot so I think I am going to put it on right before bed and get up early to check on it.  Second, someone accidentally turned mine off last night (not mentioning any names!!!) so I'm still not totally sure of how it will turn out under normal circumstances.  I think I may add a little less liquid though.  Here's hoping for tomorrow!

2 apples
1 cup oats (steel cut/not instant)
3 tbsp cinnamon (I know it sounds like a lot, but cinnamon is extremely good for cleansing and general health)
2 cups almond milk
1 cup water
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Pinch of salt
Chopped almonds (leave aside for garnish)
Shredded coconut

Coat slow cooker with veggie oil.  Cut up apples (keep the skin on for added fiber and nutrition) into the slow cooker and add oats, water, milk, cinnamon, chia seeds and salt.  Stir and cook on low for about 7 hours. I added coconut and almonds which was really tasty.  I might try mixing it with a bit more almond milk after its cooked tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment