Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baked Zucchini Fries with Yogurt Dill Dip (Gluten Free)


So today is day 4 of my Dr. Joshi Holistic Detox program and I have to admit I was really craving something fried.  That's OK because I made up these little gems and they were delicious and so satisfying!  Not very much prep and a lot of crispy awesomeness.  I also made a dill yogurt dip to go with it which satisfied my dairy craving without digging into a fatty, nutrient-free sour cream dip.  I used rice flour since that was what I had on hand but I think any light flour would work.  I also highly recommend adding the corn meal since it adds a really delicious crunch and texture.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Ingredients:
1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
1 egg
1 tsp of water
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 rice flour
Pinch salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lightly greasing it with oil (I used grapeseed since that's my favorite right now!).  Whisk together egg and water and then pour this mixture into a resealable plastic bag.  Cut the zucchini into fry sized pieces, add it to the egg, seal bag and shake until the zucchini is coated.  In a clean, dry bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour and salt and any other seasoning you feel like.  Next, coat each piece of zucchini in the flour mixture and place on baking sheet in a single layer.  Cook on one side for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and then flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes.  Serve hot with dill yogurt dip.

Dill Dip:
1 cup plain bio-yogurt
as much dill as you can find!
1 clove garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Finely chop dill and mince garlic.  In a mixing bowl, combine dill, garlic, yogurt, salt and pepper and stir until combined.  Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.  Serve cold as a dip or as a dressing on salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment