Friday, September 27, 2013

Gooey and Delicious Gluten Free Brown Sugar Chewies!


OK so I am totally obsessed with the fact it is fall and have gone in to nesting mode.  This means relishing the cold weather, staring wistfully out at the rain and filling the house with the delicious smells of the sweet and savoury scents that can only be associated with autumn, all while wearing slippers and sipping on tea.  It's perfection in my mind.  Total bliss.

So last night I made a slight alteration to a recipe I found online.  I can't take total credit for this, but I don't care.  It is so delicious I had to share it with you, and for those of you who don't like to bake, I guarantee you this is extremely easy and quick.  Just whip it up and enjoy!

1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cups nuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, but recommended!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare an 8" x 8" brownie pan (with cooking spray).

In a saucepan melt the butter, remove from heat and stir in brown  sugar.  Ensure that the mixture is not too hot and add beaten egg.  Beat until smooth.  In a separate bowl combine, flour and baking powder and then combine with sugar mixture.  Add vanilla and nuts and/or chocolate chips and then spread into prepared pan.  Bake for about 15 minutes, watching closely.  Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment